Flower Crown Magazine is a new digital magazine for young intersectional feminists! We are about having fun but not at the expense of the marginalized. We believe in the power of choice but we believe in examining those choices as well. We believe in body positivity! We believe in sex positivity that doesn’t exclude asexuals. We believe in fighting for our sisters not just our cisters. And we most certainly do NOT believe in the silencing and erasure of women of color. We believe in self love. We are a lifestyle magazine with a socially conscious lean.
We are looking for:
- Graphic designers (especially those with experience in the making of digital magazines).
- Selfies for our fashion/reader sections. (We will be featuring readers/followers in a special section where readers share photographs about their days. In addition, there will be a fashion section featuring the fashion of our readers.)
Please include your tumblr and twitter urls with submissions.
Submissions due July 20th!!
We will try to get back to submitters by July 26th!
Please email non-selfie submissions and regular contributor queriesto firstname.lastname@example.org.
All fashion/reader selfies must go to email@example.com
If you’d like to regularly contribute please include in your email:
- A paragraph about yourself and your interest
- A portfolio (if looking for photographer,artist, or design positions)
- Two writing samples if looking to join as a writer.
- Ideas about what you’d like to contribute each month in the magazine or to the tumblr.
Once again please include tumblr and twitter urls.
Our first issue is summer themed we’re looking for work pertaining to street harassment, colorism, summer friendship rituals, summer memories, body image, summer playlists, anything having to do with summer, etc.